Blogging and Posting: A Starter's View and Tips



    I have been curious about people who are writing blogs, articles and stuffs.. known to be bloggers.. Why and how.. Is it even paying or just for passion? At first I thought everything that is been searched on the internet is all doings of professional writers and editorial staffs that is being paid to write. Well mostly. But then, there are blogs that are also informative, but not all bloggers are labeled professional writer, so maybe I can fit in.

    So here I am writing.. Though still researching for pointers, trying out this platform and exploring. I may have few mistakes on the way, but that's how we learn. English or Tagalaog? I'll use both, it depends on my mood or topic. There's is no restriction anyways.

    I used to write when I was a little - a Diary, of course! Being one kid in the house, no sibling and not used to play outside with other kids. Yeah, a typical loner. But aside from Diary, I used to wrote a letter for my mother who is working as a domestic helper in Singapore that time since my grade school. I also happen to enjoy writing essay in school because I feel it's much free to express my own answers if it's written. And the longer it is, my seatmate won't catch up copying!

    Maybe writing would also help me clear my mind. Stress reliever I may say. Plus freshens up my writing and also vocabulary.

Back to blogging..

Here are some things so far that I've learned. Anyone can do blogging for...

1. Passion - the love of writing and sharing it to the world. Simple as it is. Just like posting on FB, instagram, and other social media, but here, atleast try to make it more informative, where you can detail things way better.

2. Monetization - love with benefit..?? I was just saying to get some profit out of passion. Yes, there were people who earned "passively" through writing blogs. Who wouldn't love that? But it's a lot to discuss, so maybe we'll get there, when I'm there or almost.

What platform used in Blogging?

There are lot's to choose from. One of these is the one I'm using right now, Blogger obviously.

Here are some list that you might want to check out.

1. WordPress.org
2. Wix
3. Gator
4. WordPress.com
5. Blogger
6. Tumblr
7. Medium
8. Squarespace
9. Ghost
10. Weebly

Different platforms serves different pros and cons. To help you decide you may see this link for more detailed comparisons on how to choose your best blogging platform .

I choose Blogger and WordPress.com as I was just starting, curious enough to see their difference closely, plus it's free so I made an account on both.. No one said I can only have one blogging platform at a time..

So far, from what I have understood, blogging on Blogger could be monetized through Adsense upon meeting their requirement. While on WordPress.com it's not possible because it is not supported by Adsense, but rather they would put Ads on your blog that does not even make you earn anything. Also, the latter does not allow any other monetization/ e-commerce form, because if you really want that to happen, you'll need to upgrade and pay to a premium plan. They different options to choose from. With that you'll be eligible for WordAds (the counterpart of Adsense in Bloggers), but still have more restrictions and I bet expensive. And also the other better option is to use WordPress.org which allows more functions of monetization, where you also need to pay for your account. It is also known as a self-hosted blogging platform, and could also be used as website. If I were to choose between upgrading WordPress.com or to transfer to Wordpress.org, the latter would be less costly plus more efficient.

Another thing I see is that here in Blogger, you can make different Blogs with different themes, depending on the topic of the blog rather just pile them in one blog with different pages with same look. My sole Blogger account is entitled to every blogs I make and people will see that I am the author of those. While in wordpress, everything you post is in one blog account, same look on every pages. But when it comes to professional look, I bet WordPress say's a lot, but maybe I just need to explore more so I can execute the looks I've been wanting.

Well, that's it for now. Writing this also helps me refresh some pointers for my blog and also a reminder to keep learning.

Comments